Which of your chicken breeds went broody?

So i had just went out in the night and found out the two of my polish eggs had holes in them! Mamas being real sweet and is talking to them. im not going to be able to sleep at all so might as well share a pic of one of the eggs!

Sorry its so blurry i couldnt stop shaking i was to excited since this is our first successful hatch!

thumbsup.gif

Congrats!!!!!!!

Buff Orp., SLB Wyandotte, my Speckled Sussex just wanted to hatch eggs once they were out she started throwing the chicks around and pecking any that weren't fast enough to get out of her way. I took her babies gave them to the Buff Orp she kept her 8 and the Sussex's 8 until they where old enough to be on their own.

WOW! Were all your chicks mixes?
Only the ones under the RIR were my eggs. They were Easter Egger X Red Sex Link I still have the chick from that batch and I will post a pic. Her name is Summer. The ones under the orp were Buff Orpington eggs from a local breeder. 6 out of 12 hatched. The glw/incubator eggs were ordered from Meyer hatchery. 2 White Cochins, 2Speckled Sussex, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1Blue Andalusian, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte and 4 assorted bantam eggs. Out of that I got a blue andy, a Cochin, a Sussex, a MF d'Uccle, 2 EE bantams, and a barred rock bantam. Neither of the orp eggs hatched, or the Wyandotte, the extra Banty egg they sent me, a cig in and a Sussex. All were fertile except one if the orp eggs.

So i had just went out in the night and found out the two of my polish eggs had holes in them! Mamas being real sweet and is talking to them. im not going to be able to sleep at all so might as well share a pic of one of the eggs! Sorry its so blurry i couldnt stop shaking i was to excited since this is our first successful hatch!
Congratulations!!! Did they hatch?

Back
Top Bottom