Which one laid this egg?..and how can i blow it out to save it?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by redhen, Oct 17, 2008.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hi..i found this small egg today..i wonder which one laid it?...can anyone tell which breed this egg could be from? also,i'd like to save it..how can i? how do you blow out an egg....[​IMG]..sorry..never did it before...thanks, Wendy

Here it is next to regular egg for size comparison...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    I had one like that. The way it blow it out is use some like a ice pick and on each end keep turning till you get a hole in each end then over the sick blow from the top hole and the yolk and white will come out the hole on the bottom If it doesnt come out make the hole a little larger in the bottom.

3. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    What breeds do you have?

4. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Very cute little egg. Not sure how to blow it out, check You Tube they have everything. (Even a Disco Chicken) [​IMG]

5. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    do you have welsummers It looks something like my welsummer eggs as far as color and specks

6. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've blown out 30 duck eggs in one day..Boy was I out of breathe..lol..I used a needle to start a hole and then take a drill bit and twist it in my fingers untill the egg has a hole in it. Done the same on the other side.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

You can also use a syringe with a needle on it. Extend the plunger portion and suck in air. Stick the needle part into the egg at the bottom and push the air into the egg. By pushing air into the eggshell with the syringe you will build up pressure inside the eggs shell. Then pull the syringe out and the pressure in the egg will force the liquid part of the egg out of the tiny hole made by the needle. Repeat these steps over and over until the entire yolk and white have been forced out.

I've found this to be the best way to blow an egg, without putting multiple holes in the shell....

***Dont build up TOO much pressure or use TOO LARGE of a syringe. Too much pressure will explode the egg.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
  8. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Maybe a RIR pullet?

9. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    thanks for the help everyone...my breeds are,1 RIR(she didnt lay it..her egg looks like the big one in the picture), Blk. sex links, Cuckoo marans?..(maybe them?)...Silkie and silkie/polish mix..(i was thinking maybe them also..cause of the small egg size?), Barred rock, White rock, Americana, Araucana, Gold sex links, Polish, Speckled sussex(also, i was thinking her..cause shes speckeled....will she lay a speckled egg?..[​IMG]..), Silver Spangled Hamburg,Buff orpington...i'm sure i forgot a breed...lol..but...this should help more..sorry..i didnt post my breeds earlier,,(duh)..thanks again, Wendy

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    could it be a silkie egg? its so small...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by