Which one laid this egg?..and how can i blow it out to save it?

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Hi..i found this small egg today..i wonder which one laid it?...can anyone tell which breed this egg could be from? also,i'd like to save it..how can i? how do you blow out an egg....
hu.gif
..sorry..never did it before...thanks, Wendy

Here it is next to regular egg for size comparison...

10638_2008_10170061.jpg

10638_2008_10170066.jpg

I had one like that. The way it blow it out is use some like a ice pick and on each end keep turning till you get a hole in each end then over the sick blow from the top hole and the yolk and white will come out the hole on the bottom If it doesnt come out make the hole a little larger in the bottom.

I've blown out 30 duck eggs in one day..Boy was I out of breathe..lol..I used a needle to start a hole and then take a drill bit and twist it in my fingers untill the egg has a hole in it. Done the same on the other side.

You can also use a syringe with a needle on it. Extend the plunger portion and suck in air. Stick the needle part into the egg at the bottom and push the air into the egg. By pushing air into the eggshell with the syringe you will build up pressure inside the eggs shell. Then pull the syringe out and the pressure in the egg will force the liquid part of the egg out of the tiny hole made by the needle. Repeat these steps over and over until the entire yolk and white have been forced out.

I've found this to be the best way to blow an egg, without putting multiple holes in the shell....

***Dont build up TOO much pressure or use TOO LARGE of a syringe. Too much pressure will explode the egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the help everyone...my breeds are,1 RIR(she didnt lay it..her egg looks like the big one in the picture), Blk. sex links, Cuckoo marans?..(maybe them?)...Silkie and silkie/polish mix..(i was thinking maybe them also..cause of the small egg size?), Barred rock, White rock, Americana, Araucana, Gold sex links, Polish, Speckled sussex(also, i was thinking her..cause shes speckeled....will she lay a speckled egg?..
idunno.gif
..), Silver Spangled Hamburg,Buff orpington...i'm sure i forgot a breed...lol..but...this should help more..sorry..i didnt post my breeds earlier,,(duh)..thanks again, Wendy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom