Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite?

Which one?

• Wyandotte

Votes: 38 7.0%
  • Salmon Faverolle

Votes: 35 6.5%
  • Easter Egger

Votes: 75 13.9%
  • Sultan

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Orpington

Votes: 179 33.1%
  • Australope

Votes: 47 8.7%
  • Sussex

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 36 6.7%
  • Cochin

Votes: 65 12.0%
  • Maran

Votes: 30 5.6%

• Total voters
With all things considered with all breeds I would imagine; one can experience a plethera of personalities.. Each bird can be different after all.. Tho each breed has a "type" it is not written in stone!!

i dont know about you but i hard a hard time choosing!!! so i went with salmon faverolles because my salmon faverolles is probably my tamest, most easy going bird i have. she gets a little picked and she is kind of stupid but i love her!!!

I voted EE, but that's just been my experience and my chicklets are 12.5, 9, 8, 3, and 1 week old. My Orps only ended up with one pullet out of 5 fluff balls. And since I'm not keeping the cockerels, I'm not getting attached. I also have a little pair of Cochins, but I e only had them 2 weeks so what do I know. My vote may well change in future. Buckeyes and Buff Brahma round out the breeds so far in my first flock!

If you can get naked necks in your area, the hens are very quiet, have a beautiful nature and can be in a mixed coop. The rooster of the breed are very noisy.

I actually like my Australorp Rooster the best but the hens are not as friendly as my Buff Orpington hens. My Marans aren't particularly friendly but my Blue-laced Red Wyandottes aren't friendly at all (older birds are mean but their offspring crossed with an unrelated rooster seem friendlier). I've never had Cochins but I've hatched them out on a few occasions. I can say that as chicks they are noticeably calmer and more friendly than any breed that I've ever hatched out. If I were just looking for a pet I'd probably get a Cochin.

Dominique hands down. So intelligent, curious, calm, and tame. I have a pullet named Roxxy that jumps from the ground onto my shoulder (and I'm not short if your asking:)

My buff Orpington is soooo skittish... She refuses to come near me while literally my whole flock can approach me.

Black Australorps are quirky girls, but mine are a little standoffish and one is a big bully. Only 2/5 of them are really tame.

EE are very very beautiful (one of Mine layed her first egg today!!!), but are naturally wild and skittish, and born to be top hens... Mine fight dirty too, pulling the other girls by their combs when they don't have any: (

My top friendliest bird was my serama roo. My sex link would be second friendliest but my wyandottes are just plain ol mean to the rest and are skidish.

Back
Top Bottom