Which one's best?

Everyone will tell you something different as to which one is "best" in their opinion. BUT for the money, I say you can't go wrong with a Hovabator Genesis model 1588 with auto turner!
smile.png

It's VERY user friendly. The 1588 is a forced air unit with electronic thermostat. It comes pre-set from the factory to run at 99.5 degrees, but is very easy to adjust, and has a "quick reference" set of instructions that come with it as well as full instructions. I did notice, however, that if you use the auto turner, the motor from that increases the temp enough that you do need to make some adjustments or it runs too warm. I have three of these incubators now, 2 for incubating and 1 for hatching. Probably won't ever use anything else. And I only need to add water every 4 or 5 days to keep the humidity where it should be (the instructions even tell you which water well to fill up and when).

I started with a still air LG a few years ago, and lost ALOT of expensive hatching eggs to that piece of junk. I also had a Dickey cabinet incubator and hatcher last year, and ended up selling it because I just got too carried away with hatching!!
smile.png
Keep going back to the 1588.

edited to add: Despite the temp thing with the auto turner, I will NEVER incubate without one again!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually, they are REALLY reasonable!! Their website is www.gqfmfg.com . The incubator and the auto turner is only about $190 plus shipping. The turner holds up to 42 chicken eggs. The Brinsea models with auto turners hold less (20, I think?) and are twice the price!

Quote:
Actually, they are REALLY reasonable!! Their website is www.gqfmfg.com . The incubator and the auto turner is only about $190 plus shipping. The turner holds up to 42 chicken eggs. The Brinsea models with auto turners hold less (20, I think?) and are twice the price!

You're right, not a bad deal at all!!!!
big_smile.png
I'll have to show this to my parents. thnx!

Quote:

You're right, not a bad deal at all!!!!
big_smile.png
I'll have to show this to my parents. thnx!

You bet!! Happy Hatching!
lol.png

The only thing with polystyrene incubators is that they are difficult to sterilize after a hatch. They are also easily damaged, and can start to look tatty after a season or two.

Having siad that polystyrene incubators are not that common in Europe, so I don't have that much experience with them!

I currently have 4 plastic walled, forced air incubators - ranging from a very basic 60 egg manual, to a 24 egg fully auto. My to fully auto incys are ady by RCOM, and although expensive, worth every penny. Temperature and humidity are auto controlled, and both are forced air, so the temp and humidity are equal throughout the inside.

I know there are lots of debates of still air vs forced air, but forced gets my vote every time (much easier to get the temp and humidity back up when you take the top off!)

But I suppose it depends on what you will use your incy for, and what kind of budget you have!

Good luck with your decision, and happy hatching!

Back
Top Bottom