Which poultry hatchery has the best quality birds?

McMurray is working on registering a few breeds are year with the apa, this year it's Pencilled and Partridge Plymouth Rocks, I think Lansgans and white Polish.
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t cackle offer APA registered breeds? I feel like I heard about that somewhere.

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t cackle offer APA registered breeds? I feel like I heard about that somewhere.
I'm not sure, I'll check.
I've never ordered from them before but I know their birds are good quality.
Edit, I searched for apa on cackle's website, many descriptions say something along the lines of "this breed was accepted into the APA in 'some date'" but nothing came up for the flock being registered. I know they have show lines of many breeds, which are probably to apa standards.

Last edited:
Cackle seems to do very well. I've heard especially good things about their Yokohamas and Houdans.

I have d'Anvers and Pyncheons from Privett and they of awful quality, I think they are mixes.

Hoover's supplies the local TCS.
They get purebred chicks until September then it is just chicks and ducklings. No breeds. If that is the case it means they just turn all chickens / ducks together and collect the eggs . The produce will not be pure.

Back
Top Bottom