which quail lays the biggest eggs?

One Thing To Remember--- You Said You'd Be Butchering As You Go....and You Want Eggs To Sell.... The Older The Hen The Bigger Her Eggs--- With Each Egg Laid They Get Successively Larger( Its Kinda Slow Insiduous Change, But Over The First 6 Mos The Eggs May Double In Size And Will Continue To Get Bigger With The Hen's Age...

Yes And No.... Eventually She Will Slow Down. But The Eggs Will Max Out Before That Happens. I Have A Dino Hen And Roo Pair--- She Is 7 Yr Old Jumbo Brown Xld-1. He Is 5 Yr Old Jumbo White. She Still Slings Out An Egg Up To 4 Times A Week. I Often Worry About A Sr Like Her Throwin Out A Hip Or Something While Laying. And I Worry About Him Falling Off And Hurting Himself---- But They Still Do What Coturnix Quail Do.... And The Eggs Are Fertile Too
smile.png

Hey guys I just got this egg out of my 10 week old JMF Quail today
its 2.8 oz 2 inches by 1 1/4 inch wide here is the proof . I just hatched the egg I give all credit to the breeder James Marie Farms

Wow Tammy - which breed is that? Did you hatch the hen from a JMF egg or a few generation down?

I'm just beginning to build an incubator and plan to buy eggs from JMF but got confused which breed to buy. They have too many to choose from. I'm just looking for a good size quails and good size eggs - no need for fancy appearance right now. May venture into some more exotic breeds alter. I'd appreciate any advise as to which specific breed to buy from JMF. Thanks.

That Hen is still laying those huge eggs No Problem came from JMF Jumbo Meat and egg . I held her back because she was an awesome girl and had to put down one when i did the boys she jumped out hit her chest on the board But i just got anotehr one of these Huge eggs , OH it was a single Yolk too .
this egg was from a Brown Darn i wish i could remember but d line and Robby will know I dont take credit its all on Jmf they did the hard part with yrs of selective breeding I just culled for meat and some eggs and was smart enough to kep this one my average egg is 2.4 oz but this one took the cake

Wow Tammy - which breed is that? Did you hatch the hen from a JMF egg or a few generation down?

I'm just beginning to build an incubator and plan to buy eggs from JMF but got confused which breed to buy. They have too many to choose from. I'm just looking for a good size quails and good size eggs - no need for fancy appearance right now. May venture into some more exotic breeds alter. I'd appreciate any advise as to which specific breed to buy from JMF. Thanks.
Thats a Hen from JMF Jumbo Brown meat line .

If you talk to Robby he will set your needs the the bird he is awesome like that my Goal was to get off Commercial cat and Dog food and boy howdy did I .
Robby also set it up so i can learn as I go and i have to cull right hes the Best Mentor i have ever had,

i also love the Quail they are so awesome , Do call and talk to him he is awesome and Full of help and Advice,

Back
Top Bottom