I got 3 roo's but only want to keep 1. I know a lady that has a farm and is willing to take in the one's i decide not to keep, but i need to decide which to keep and which to send to the farm. Ok, the one i originally wanted to keep has started trying to attack me, so he is definatelly going. I am now left with the choice of a blue marans who is 12 weeks old, who also pecked at my hand when i was putting food in the brooder a few weeks back, i gave him a hard shove and he has not attempted to do it since. My other choice is a cochin who is 16 weeks old and has never challenged me what so ever. To be honest i never wanted a roo as i had read so much on here about mean roosters and it put me off, but i would like to hatch some chicks this year, and i would prefer to do it with my own birds so really need to keep a roo. I'm tempted to keep the cochin because i figure he would be easier to handle if he becomes mean as he will always be small. But for breeding reasons, i think a the marans would be better as i only want chickens for eggs, so i normal size chicken will be better for that, also cochins i'm told do not lay very well and are broody often. Would these genetics from the cochin roo be passed on to his chicks even if mixed with another breed? Another option is keeping both the marans and the cochin roo's, but will they fight each other? if they do fight, my concern would be the cochins disadvantage because of the size difference and him getting seriously injured in the process. Your input and ideas will be appreciated. PS keeping the roo's seperated from each other is not an option as i do not have another coop nor the space.