Which Roo should i keep? Or is one a hen? pictures added

peruvian_princess

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
Fayetteville, Georgia
Ok I am trying to decide which roo to keep. I am pretty sure they are both roos just need to decide which to hang on to. They actually look just liek my RIR hens looked at this age. One was making a noise every morning but has yet to fully crow.
050508_1524.jpg

050508_1524a.jpg

Last edited:
Ok ya'll I am confused to say the least. One of my neighbors came over today and said they both look like hens? What is going on with that. I told him that one of them had tried to crow but said that sometimes they make noises like that. I dont think he knows what he is talking about. What do ya'll think?

I can't see weather they have saddle feathers or not if they do they are roosters if not they are probably hens.

Just by looking at the pictures it would be hard for any one person to tell you which to keep. They are both gorgeous birds! You are ultimately going to be the one who has to make this decision. I would go by which one has the best personality. I had 8 RIR roos and only kept one. I picked the one who came to me and didn't pick on the hens.

Good luck with the decision!
smile.png

This sounds like I am a dummy but what is a saddle feather? Are tehy the feathers that hang down the back side of the roo? On my RIR he has long feathers on his backside is that what they are? Here are some more pictures
050508_1523b.jpg

050508_1826.jpg

050508_1826a.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom