Which would be easier to sell?

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Well I am having some real hope for my current nest, my little mama is setting on 15 or so eggs that are due the 1st - 5th of may or so.

They are all mutts, but I dont want to keep any boys, just the girls. So...

Should I try and vent sex them and sell the male ducklings or wait till they are a few months and feathered?

I would think people would be more likely to buy ducklings, but I also dont want to give someone a girl when they thought it as a boy.

Any advice??

Ive never actually vent sexed any, this would be my first time trying it out. Normally I wouldnt care but I need to get my drake : hen ratio at a better number.

Thats a good idea I suppose, especially since without vent sexing you wont be able to tell what gender till they get those curly tail feathers or not.

Males are usually harder to sell, most people prefer females.
Vent sexing can be hard, so make sure you let people know your new at it, so that way, if they really wanted just boys, they wont be mad if some turned out to be a girl.

Thanks
smile.png

Im just hoping I can find a good home for them, since I am expectng quite a few little ones.

I absolutely would sell them as drakelets if you've vent sexed them. How unfair would it be for someone to go in buying what they believe are straight run and end up with nothing but drakes. It would ruin a person's credibility to knowingly omit 'facts' about the birds even though there is a chance of inaccurate sexing. You can chalk it up to buyer beware (which always *should* be the case) but the buyer isn't the one being dishonest.

Back
Top Bottom