While you are at work...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Delilah1337, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I unfortunately have to be away from home during the day so I miss seeing the girls during their most active time, it drives me crazy not being able to hangout and watch them play. I wish I could be a stay at home momma and just make my world all about my chickens but alas, I can’t pay all my bills in eggs [​IMG] My hunny however is able to stay home and work around the house, he knows how much I miss the girls so every now and then I get surprise emails like this:
    [​IMG]
    No matter how my day is going before the email arrives, I’m guaranteed to have a great rest of my day after seeing my babies having a good time with my boyfriend. He's such a sweetheart and goes along with my chicken obsession no matter what crazy idea I come up with for them. I’m just curious if anyone else is as lucky as I am. And if so how do you get to check in on your birds while you are away?

2. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

how sweet!! feel blessed my hubby thinks I'm "chicken crazy" however now that its dark before it get off work and he gets home a few hours before me he has been helping me by feeding and watering of the evening.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    That's a cute pic! He has all of them looking right at the camera! My hubby will send me a pic every now and then if he's had a day off and he's outside. I do all the chicken chores, but he will build me something if I need it........(He needs coaxing though...hehe)

Wonderful pic and thanks for sharing!

4. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I know how you feel! I don't get any time with the chickens lately. Just work, work, work.
    My neighbor will keep me updated on how Doug's crowing is doing and how the silkies try to copy him [​IMG]

5. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    You have pretty birds, and it's great DBF emails you pictures. Last summer when we had chicks hatching I took chick videos, so DH didn't miss out on the cuteness. He supplies my chicken habit , so I feel pretty lucky. I asked for 5 EE hens so he ordered my 10 and 2 roosters. Whatever I ask for he usually doubles, so he has a chicken habit too [​IMG] .

6. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    What a GREAT photo. It's like they know and they are posing and saying Hi Mama. We miss you!

7. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Aww...that's so sweet!

8. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I hate the winter hours, I’m at work before the sun comes up and I get home after it goes down. My BF helps me by turning on their light otherwise they are all perched on the door to the coop when I get to them. They pose for the camera all the time  I love how social they are with us. My BF sounds like your hubby Chicmom, he built the coop for us but it did take some nudging lol When it comes to feeding/cleaning for the chickens it’s all me and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I can be quite picky when it comes to care for my girls. I’m blessed to have a steady job but man I sure wouldn’t mind taking some time off to get some girl time with the chickens. They make the job worth it though, I love being able to get them the things they need with my own paycheck and it’s a great stress reliever to watch them when I get home.
    Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I will pass them along to the girls
    [​IMG]

9. SarniaTricia

SarniaTricia Chillin' With My Peeps

My Darling Dearest, Pete, also thinks I am a bit crazy, but he is very talerant of my chicken crazyness.
    First it was the chickens themselves. He went to Toronto for a week and our agreed upon 3 or 4 hens turned out to be 13.
    Then one of them was a he! Of those 12 hens, 2 maybe 3 were laying 3 or 4 were too old to lay and 6 were too young.
    We looked to process the older 6 when the younger six started laying. The place we found to process was 1.5 hours away.
    I needed a chicken house built, winter is coming. I want chicklettes in the spring that lay blue eggs. Honey, please bring these eggs to work for so and so......
    So, this wonderful man has tolerated many chickens, long drives, building experiences, and soon to be more chickens this spring... Did I mention I want a hobbie farm and we have only been in our current home for 1 year??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Awww such sweet stories. My Dh is so helpful with the girls. He takes care of them whenever I am not around. Today i told him I bought stockings for the girls and after I hung them up, I showed him. He was like....Oh I thought you meant stockings for their feet. LOL he's so cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by