White Australorp

I never have found any breeder/hatchery that has White Australorps, you would think that there would be.

I know. I have Google it and I know some folks in UK have it and I was wondering if anyone in US has it.

I would say if you get white orpingtons from a hatchery, they are probably closer to australorp than orpington. Might be worth looking into and building upon them to develop nice looking australorps.

what would be the process of getting white australorp if I were to cross white Orpington Rooster with Black Australorp?

Quote:

Hi,
I bought white australorps from efowl.com. I am actually trying to get rid of a few of them. We have too many healthy birds and way too many eggs. We just can't eat or get rid of all the eggs. I raised them from chicks and they are extremely hearty and rambunctious birds. Great egg layers!

I believe they are the same. We love the buff orpingtons and black australorps are a type of orpington, so we decided to get some white australorps. The black seem to be more docile and sweet whereas the white austras are ornery and smart.

Back
Top Bottom