White Ayam Cemani Chick?¿?

Though not completely applicable, I am using my knowledge of snake genetics (ball pythons) to understand this chick and that is why I'm thinking it is Leucistic.
I also know of a case where two cousin Servals were bred and produced Leucistic offspring. And of course there are white lions and tigers produced the same way.

Exactly.
Especially because the comb is white and eyes are black.

And the beak is lighter too.

Though not completely applicable, I am using my knowledge of snake genetics (ball pythons) to understand this chick and that is why I'm thinking it is Leucistic.
I also know of a case where two cousin Servals were bred and produced Leucistic offspring. And of course there are white lions and tigers produced the same way.

After doing a little research on leucism I’m going to go ahead and agree with you guys completely. Thanks for pointing this out. I guess seeing this from time to time in birds isn’t extremely shocking but with a Cemani maybe that’s why it’s a little more strange. You are expecting to see mainly black but mostly white? It’s pretty wild. I wonder if it’s possible to stableise this trait. I have to assume since it’s genetic that it can be breed in with standard backrossing/incrossing techs. I’ve breed plants for a living for over 10 years but now i may just have a hobby project on the side with this chicken lol. I think it may be worth experimenting with never the less. Curious to where it may take me. But then again I’m also curious to see if another Leucistic bird will even pop up from its offspring?

After doing a little research on leucism I’m going to go ahead and agree with you guys completely. Thanks for pointing this out. I guess seeing this from time to time in birds isn’t extremely shocking but with a Cemani maybe that’s why it’s a little more strange. You are expecting to see mainly black but mostly white? It’s pretty wild. I wonder if it’s possible to stableise this trait. I have to assume since it’s genetic that it can be breed in with standard backrossing/incrossing techs. I’ve breed plants for a living for over 10 years but now i may just have a hobby project on the side with this chicken lol. I think it may be worth experimenting with never the less. Curious to where it may take me. But then again I’m also curious to see if another Leucistic bird will even pop up from its offspring?
Yes, you can breed for it.
It may take a few generations but a tight line of breeding siblings to siblings and children to parents should do it.

Leucism is technically a genetic defect. It's like albinism, but affects only the pigment in specific areas of the body. Like just about all genetic mutations, you're more likely to see it in inbred animals. It can appear in animals that aren't inbred at all, though. Any Ayams you get are descended from a line that was inbred at one point, but the presence of leucism is no indicator that they currently are inbred badly enough to be an issue.

It's also possible that what you have is an animal that, for whatever reason, no longer has fibromelanism in its feathers. I don't know who 'invented' Ayams or what they looked like before they were so melanistic they can't be any color other than black.

So glad I found this! I have a Cemani pullet that I noticed had two white nails and as a hatchling, she had two white toes. She is purebred and I asked the breeder and she said it could possibly mean she carries a mutation to cause her or her chicks to be white ! I’m so excited to see if she hatched a white chick like this one:D

throwing this out there ran into a person claiming to breed white cemani that still have black flesh, meat, organs bones ect but white feathers afterwards i found out the individual has a habit of crossing their birds and lying about it as well as breeding cull birds. so id be looking into who the birds came from and ask some long time reputable breeders IN the breed about it and the ones that imported them as they would have an idea on the bloodlines an if it was possible. either way wouldnt call it breeding stock since the whole thing with a cemani is the black. and not gonna name folks dont need that nonsense just better in general to know the breed and be aware scams like this are happening

Hi All, I've just had a little white fella hatch from AC parents too. He's struggling to walk just now, but if he pulls through I'd be interested to see how he's going to grow. Do you have any upto date images of you're little guy?.

Hello All,

I am new to the community here but not new to breeding. Recently I’ve stumbled across this gorgeous little white feathered chick out of about 50 Ayam Cemani Eggs. I’ve tried to find more info about white genes transferring but all I can find is possible feathering and spots, nothing about all white chicks. Currently the chick is a few days old and spunky as all hell lol. All black features, skin, feet, eyes etc., but hair is completely white. If anyone has stumbled across this I’d love to learn a little bit more.

Hi, I am new here ,I just had that happen all white with a couple of little tiny dots on forhead I would like to learn more as well

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_121505932.jpg
    IMG_20190917_121505932.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20190917_121503553.jpg
    IMG_20190917_121503553.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 36

Back
Top Bottom