White Boy's new portrait

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I just have to show off White Boy, he is my doll!
5415_0425091854.jpg

He is a hand-raised lap rooster! This is his BF Houdini, the subject of debate in my other thread. Hoping Houdini is indeed Houdini,, because he's my hopes of a BR roo for the hopefully three hens I have.
5415_0425091857.jpg

They are both lap roos.

Crumbs! I'm going to have to get pics of the other three BR's,,, I guess if they aren't what they are supposed to be then they are wonderful pets anyway! LOL,, it's not like their heads are on the chopping block if they aren't pure. I sure was hoping for a BR roo and three BR hens to go with Penny, and a White Leghorn roo with some White Leghorn hens,, I know Popcorn is a WL roo though! But Lissa hen may like to roam but she doesn't approve his having a roving eye.

I think a better picture would help. The barred one almost has a Leghorn type body, but could be just a lean, mean crowing machine, LOL. Really, not sure of the sex, but the wattles and comb sure are red!

EDITED TO ADD: I copied the pic (will delete in a bit) and used Irfanview to try to lighten and sharpen up the image, but I swear, I still cannot see those darn saddle feathers! I'm thinking I may see the hackles coming in, but it's just too dark in the pic. Always hard to get a great pic of these roving lawn ornaments, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom