White chick feathered legs 5 toes? What is this

Ditto on the faverolle. I have some they are wonderful birds!!!! Sometimes the girls will come in with a little black if they are from a hatchery. How many days are they? If they are young enough you can tell by the wing feathers what gender they are.

Ditto on the faverolle. I have some they are wonderful birds!!!! Sometimes the girls will come in with a little black if they are from a hatchery. How many days are they? If they are young enough you can tell by the wing feathers what gender they are.

They was hatched Wed. They arrived here Thursday so they are 5 days old.

There is an awful lot of black in there for girls, however, the second photo (chick #1) really looks like a girl to me. The second is harder to tell, although, at this age it's hard to tell anyway. If you are seeing tail feather buds already they are probably girls. They may be too old for the feather sexing, which I'm not positive works on faverolles. But some say two layers of wing feathers means girl and feathers of all one length means boy. Happy guessing:)

There is an awful lot of black in there for girls, however, the second photo (chick #1) really looks like a girl to me. The second is harder to tell, although, at this age it's hard to tell anyway. If you are seeing tail feather buds already they are probably girls. They may be too old for the feather sexing, which I'm not positive works on faverolles. But some say two layers of wing feathers means girl and feathers of all one length means boy. Happy guessing:)
Thanks yea I am hoping for at least 1 girl and 1 boy that would be great :)

Back
Top Bottom