White chick from 2 barred rock parents

I don’t but I will get pictures of each individual bird tomorrow. I am hoping to be able to selectively breed out the incorrect traits as I want to have a flock of correct barred rocks.
You could also take the simple route, & order some Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks, which conform to the SOP. They're alittle more pricey then regular hatchery Barred Rocks.

I love a good challenge and I love the barred rock breed so I am happy to do it.

I’m thinking of purchasing a heritage Plymouth barred rock from Meyer’s and then use him to selectively correct my hens. I am not fond of my current rooster so I wouldn’t miss him and I could add some correct hens and then over time breed out the mixes. What is SOP?
You could. A great quality rooster will pass down really good traits to the offspring.

SOP is Standard Of Perfection.

I love a good challenge and I love the barred rock breed so I am happy to do it.

I’m thinking of purchasing a heritage Plymouth barred rock from Meyer’s and then use him to selectively correct my hens. I am not fond of my current rooster so I wouldn’t miss him and I could add some correct hens and then over time breed out the mixes. What is SOP?
I like challenges too.

Back
Top Bottom