White Chocolate or Dark chocolate?

White or Dark chocolate?

• Total voters
anyone can like what they like. I used to love dark chocolate, now I like milk chocolate just as much.
I recently read that an austrian study concluded people that like bitter tastes like dark chocolate and coffee are more likely to be sadists and psychopaths because they lack a taste for sweetness and are more likely to be less sweet as a result.
I thought it was utter hogwash myself but scientists have been paid to make this hypothesis.
They even go so far as to suggest (although it might be the reporter reporting the story) that you should change what you eat to avoid having such a dilemma which makes no sense whatsoever because even if you were to change what you eat it wouldn't change what you like to eat now would it and it is all hogwash anyway, just wish someone would pay me to come up with bogus studies like those. I'd love to do one on ice cream, pizza and wine.

I like all kinds of chocolate -- especially if I can cook something with them.
Good-quality white chocolate is delicious, but I also like very dark chocolate -- Ghiradelli's 90% Dark is good.
Semi-sweet tends to make my teeth hurt or just hits that weird sweetness level that is somehow sickening.
I like milk chocolate, but I would love to see dark milk chocolate at some point -- dark chocolate with milk. It would be interesting, I think.

Anyway, I should probably pop off of this thread now -- I'm giving up chocolate for Lent, and this is making me want truffles.

anyone can like what they like. I used to love dark chocolate, now I like milk chocolate just as much.
I recently read that an austrian study concluded people that like bitter tastes like dark chocolate and coffee are more likely to be sadists and psychopaths because they lack a taste for sweetness and are more likely to be less sweet as a result.
I thought it was utter hogwash myself but scientists have been paid to make this hypothesis.
Yeah, that sounds like hogwash to me, too. I don't like super-sweet stuff. My mother loves dark chocolate. None of us are sadistic or psychopathic in the slightest.
Taste has nothing to do with personality, in my mind.

I like all kinds of chocolate -- especially if I can cook something with them.
Good-quality white chocolate is delicious, but I also like very dark chocolate -- Ghiradelli's 90% Dark is good.
Semi-sweet tends to make my teeth hurt or just hits that weird sweetness level that is somehow sickening.
I like milk chocolate, but I would love to see dark milk chocolate at some point -- dark chocolate with milk. It would be interesting, I think.

Anyway, I should probably pop off of this thread now -- I'm giving up chocolate for Lent, and this is making me want truffles.
I'm going to have to go with dark chocolate, though.

Back
Top Bottom