1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Cornish Rock's Juvenile Fowl

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CoopedChik, May 24, 2011.

1. CoopedChik

CoopedChik Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Louisville Kentucky
    I have two White Cornish Rocks. I have been raising birds for years and I've always been good at telling gender almost 100% accurate but I've never own such fast growing meat birds before. They have slight crowns and they are bright red. I'm pretty sure they are pullets but not sure enough, I need to know for a show. Does any one have any suggestions how to tell 100% with these birds? Oh and if it helps they are a little over 4 monthes old.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  2. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    At 4 months you should be able to tell easily if chickie were a boy I would think.. My Cornich X girl is 12 weeks and she is very red, but her comb and wattle is small.. I think they red has more to do with getting close to laying.. If you had a roo I think it would be very obvious at this point, so I say hen!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  3. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    When you see them side by side it is easy to tell, sounds like you have two of the 'same'. The roos get larger wattles that are redder at 3 weeks old or so. The hens grow in their feathers faster, but with only two, no difference then. Can you post a pic?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by