White Crested Black polish a hen or a roo?

NoelleBell31

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 7, 2014
These pictures are from about 8 to 10 weeks old. I read if they have a tighter bonnet that it is a female. However hear wattles are growing fast! She's such a beauty and a has a wonderful personality. We really hope she's a hen! What other signs should we look for with this breed?

Have you checked for a comb? That hairdo says pullet, but those wattles say roo. Her hairdo may start spiking out, so for now I'd say roo

Have you checked for a comb? That hairdo says pullet, but those wattles say roo. Her hairdo may start spiking out, so for now I'd say roo
x2

My 16.5 week old pullet has less wattles than yours. Try to part the feathers in front and get a pic of the comb.

This is her:

Last edited:
She was given to us a few weeks ago and the breeder said he wasn't exactly sure because he had hatched so many together. He thought she was 7 to 8 weeks old. The first picture is from the first week we got her. The last three are recent pictures which would bring her to about 9 or 10 weeks. :)

What a beauty your pullet is! Is she a non bearded? I was reading that the non bearded pullet will have wattles but not as large as the roos. So I hope it stops growing! She has no fear and established herself as second in charge despite of a few of our chickens are 16 weeks old. I'm guessing that's roo behavior?

I just checked for the comb. There's not much of any growth. It's a bit pinkish in that area? What should I look for? Would it be large and defined? Thank you!

Not looking good...besides the top head feathers spreading out we also noticed green shiny feathers throughout. :( We also heard some crowing but not sure who it came from. We are so sad because he is our favorite chicken. By far the most friendliest and most confident!

Back
Top Bottom