White Crested Black Polish

I have a WCB polish roo who is quite possibly the most irritating and hateful chicken I've ever met
roll.png
This is him....
NIKON008.jpg

Now I have a WCB pullet and two silver laced polish pullets who are dolls and are so neat!!! But him...grrr......he may wind up in the soup pot!

I have one white crested polish amongst a dozen or so pullets and standards and because her sight is restricted she is the most docile of chickens and a sweetypie.She just loves being cuddled
love.gif

Mine is a lover. I call her Polish Friend. If my hubby wouldn't through such a fit I would bring her inside. The others pick on her head. I have to seperated her and Dingis Mingis. lol. She is scared of her own hair. She is a fruitcake but I love her.

Patty Pom Pom is just awesome. She's my little buddy and my personal favorite. I've trained her to come when I call her name and she really loves attention. Out of all of my birds, Patty's the friendliest and I love her to death.
love.gif

Her in her prime of almost 2 year old-afro and all!
BadHairDay.jpg

Miss Pom Pom being silly:
Looking3.jpg

I got a WC Polish as my free chick from Murray, he is my youngest daughter's chicken. I am almost positive he is a roo. When we got him, we called him a cotton headed ninny muggins. Now we call him funky chicken. he is quite a character. the chicks are 8 weeks old now and have just been introduced to the outdoors, still afraid of the ramp some will stop at the top and think. Funky runs up behind them and flaps his wings to scare them out of the house, then takes a leisurely walk down the ramp.
24697_20090415_28.jpg

This a pic of him from behind, he won't let me take a face pic, his afro is actually a mohawk.

Hi, my husband bought 2 WC Black Polish Chicks today, they r sooo tiny & still have their hatching horn (?). I was reading about them & saw that they have a hard time seeing bc of the feathers around their eyes. Does anyone recommend trimming the feathers so they can see better? I know mother nature provides some characteristics for a reason, maybe bc their eyes may be sensitive to light or for eye protection? Just like we have eyelashes to protect our eyes.
Any thoughts or facts you know of? Thanks

I got a WCBP a couple weeks ago and it is in a brooder with 24 Red Sex Linx. They treat it well but it is probably the best chicken I have ever had. It doesn't peck any of the other chicks and it fits in perfectly well.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom