1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White crested blue polish

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenesis536, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    At least I think it's a white crested blue polish... this is my first one and based on the coloring and what I could find online, that's what I'm thinking it is (correct me if I am wrong).

I don't know the age, but the seller believed it to be about 8 weeks. It's still pretty small.

Any guess on gender? He had one other that I think was a white crested black. He said if this one turned out to be a roo he'd let me bring it back and swap it for something else. The other polish looked to have the same shape of crest though.

I know they're hard to tell.

[​IMG]

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Wattles are pretty red, maybe you could post it on the polish thread under the breeds, showing section

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Yep, that's a White Crested Blue. I'm not sure on gender, but those wattles do look quite red. [​IMG]

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    White crested blue. Due to the spikey crest and clearly obvious wattles, I'm giving the solid guess of male.

5. ChickasaurusRex

ChickasaurusRex Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    SF Bay
    The crest is a little spiky which is a sign of it being a roo. Also the wattles are quite red....
    I say boy

6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    White crested blue Polish rooster.

7. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Bummer. I might as well call him and take it back then. I'm sure the other one he has is a roo, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by