White crested sex

Bduckhappy

Chirping
Jan 16, 2019
313C06ED-23D8-406B-AAA4-5E3AB33BFE3F.jpeg
D5CA579F-82FF-481D-9B02-F3ADD3A186D0.jpeg
I ordered mix variety ducks . I have three white crested two of which are female because of their very loud quack . One of the crested I can’t sex because I know it has raspy quack but no curly tail. I have one fawn runner w raspy quack and curly tail so I know he is a male . Also I have two black ducks ( I think are Swedish ) one w orange and black feet and one w black feet . I believe those are female because of the loud quack . I would like to know what type the black ones are and if anyone knows if the white crested is a male . I am attatching pictures . Thank y’all very much
Texas ducks .

I'd say if the one crested has a raspy voice it's a drake My Runner drake hasn't a drake curl either. Your blacks look like Swedish. Beautiful ducks!

:welcome
Awww thank you . I appreciate you replying . May I ask one more question... since I have 6 ducks and I believe two are male ; do I need to separate any of the males . I have never raised ducks before . And btw they all love my boxer dog . They quack so loudly good morning at him when I let him out in morning for potty break . They are so funny and so relaxing to watch . Lol

George is first pic because she looks like George Washington w hair coming out of her ears. The second girl is butthead cause of the crease in her Afro . And the last is the boy Mr T simply because of the Mohawk Afro . Lol

Attachments

• 0A360070-C0EA-4105-BD4B-D35F15E91B7F.jpeg
    0A360070-C0EA-4105-BD4B-D35F15E91B7F.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 0DD39374-3E71-4087-BD5F-D956C0AA3A22.jpeg
    0DD39374-3E71-4087-BD5F-D956C0AA3A22.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 10
  • A70F1860-0B7B-4BCF-BAA7-E0DD30FFCF35.jpeg
    A70F1860-0B7B-4BCF-BAA7-E0DD30FFCF35.jpeg
    531.7 KB · Views: 9
Since you have a crested female your going to have to protect her from over mating under that huge crest is a layer of fat with no skull under it which means she can be injured from rough mating and two drakes going after her would not be good on her and your other females can suffer too Duck sex is rough to begin with and sometimes drakes will gang up on a female and if in water she can be drowned. Separating or rehoming one drake would be best or separating both drakes from your females. I have two drakes to 10 females no over mating here and since I have a Muscovy and Runner drakes they would never think of getting in the pool and ganging up on a female they rarely notice each other at all.

Last edited:
Since you have a crested female your going to have to protect her from over mating under that huge crest is a layer of fat with no skull under it which means she can be injured from rough mating and two drakes going after her would not be good on her and your other females can suffer too Duck sex is rough to begin with and sometimes drakes will gang up on a female and if in water she can be drowned. Separating or rehiring one drake would be best or separating both drakes from your females. I have two drakes to 10 females no over mating here and since I have a Muscovy and Runner drakes they would never think of getting in the pool and hanging up on a female they rarely notice each other at all.
Ok . So do they only have sex in water ?

And like @Miss Lydia said cresteds are really not a good candidate for multiple drakes. You could get a bunch more females and hope the cresteds aren't the drakes favorite ducks. One of my drakes only mounts and breeds one duck.

You could separate one or both drakes. When it warms up I imagine the drakes will be really sexually charged and begin to try to breed everything in sight. Just think about your crested girls first, they are the most likely to get hurt by breeding.

Since you have a crested female your going to have to protect her from over mating under that huge crest is a layer of fat with no skull under it which means she can be injured from rough mating and two drakes going after her would not be good on her and your other females can suffer too Duck sex is rough to begin with and sometimes drakes will gang up on a female and if in water she can be drowned. Separating or rehiring one drake would be best or separating both drakes from your females. I have two drakes to 10 females no over mating here and since I have a Muscovy and Runner drakes they would never think of getting in the pool and hanging up on a female they rarely notice each other at all.
And like @Miss Lydia said cresteds are really not a good candidate for multiple drakes. You could get a bunch more females and hope the cresteds aren't the drakes favorite ducks. One of my drakes only mounts and breeds one duck.

You could separate one or both drakes. When it warms up I imagine the drakes will be really sexually charged and begin to try to breed everything in sight. Just think about your crested girls first, they are the most likely to get hurt by breeding.
the Indian runner is the only drake I thought I had . And now I am hearing the one crested i believe is a male . But I could take one male to the huge park we have close by . There are all kinds of ducks , geese , and all types of water fowls . I just wouldn’t know which one to get rid of . The Indian runner or the white crested . Arrhhh I love all my babies . And I don’t want any of them hurt

Back
Top Bottom