Canadian Wind

Duck Crazy Canuck
Premium Feather Member
Jul 25, 2022
Eastern Ontario
My Coop
My Coop
:rant

Picture this. Duckling that I hatched myself, so had since pre-birth (lol). Grew up with three 'siblings', so it was easy to compare as they matured. This duckling started quacking at the same time, if not a bit earlier, as two of the others. And I mean QUACK. Nice and loud! Great, female, I think. But a few weeks later, the duck stopped quacking and started squeaking. I thought it odd, but maybe she had quacked herself raw. You all know how loud they can be.

Well, a few days ago I noticed something. A very noticeable something. I dismissed it as moulting, but now there's no doubt. She grew a drake feather on her tail. And now, 'she' has begun to rasp. :th

haha how does that old cartoon theme song go? "Transformers, more than meets the eye..."

Haha but wow. I wonder if there is sex neurtrality for some time during early phases of development for duckies?

Well... Hopes you didn't mind what it was, other than in good voice :)

I had one do the same thing this summer! In fact, I think you may have commented when I posted a video of the quacking that I indeed had a girl. No such luck! I have to make a choice among my three drakes too. My breeder will take them back though.

There must be something in the water...
I had one do the same thing this summer! In fact, I think you may have commented when I posted a video of the quacking that I indeed had a girl. No such luck! I have to make a choice among my three drakes too. My breeder will take them back though.

Back
Top Bottom