White diarrhea and lethargy hen

kirsten11siwy

In the Brooder
May 10, 2023
Help!! My 6 month old Brown Leghorn hen has been isolating herself, seems depressed, and is moving slow for the last 3 days. She was watery white diarrhea. She is still eating and drinking. I had to help her up on the roost bar at night. My other 7 hens are acting normal. She hasn’t layed in a few days. Any ideas??

Help!! My 6 month old Brown Leghorn hen has been isolating herself, seems depressed, and is moving slow for the last 3 days. She was watery white diarrhea. She is still eating and drinking. I had to help her up on the roost bar at night. My other 7 hens are acting normal. She hasn’t layed in a few days. Any ideas??
What's her diet? Her crop feel? How long has she been laying? Has she had a shock like a predator attack.

What's her diet? Her crop feel? How long has she been laying? Has she had a shock like a predator attack.
She has been laying for the last 6 weeks and have not not seen her lay in a few days. Crop is fine and not hard. No shock. All my other hens are acting fine. She is eating and drinking fine. Comb is pale. I’m worried she is egg bound and started epsom salt soaks. Vent looks normal

She has been laying for the last 6 weeks and have not not seen her lay in a few days. Crop is fine and not hard. No shock. All my other hens are acting fine. She is eating and drinking fine. Comb is pale. I’m worried she is egg bound and started epsom salt soaks. Vent looks normal
What's her diet?
Is she standing like a penguin?

Can you post photos of her and her poop?

If you think she's struggling with an egg, give her extra Calcium asap. You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Back
Top Bottom