White duck poop

I think I figured out the white poop. I have been giving the ducks a handful of dried insects every day. That's when the white poo started. I didn't even think of that as a change in diet. It just occurred to me as I opened up my package of 10 lbs of dried soldier fly larvae. They are mostly protein. Urates are a byproduct of protein.the white part of their poo is the urates. This is why I see the completely white poo during the day and normal poop in their house where they are at night. Haha! I've never put so much thought into poop before and I was a registered nurse for 15 years.

I think I figured out the white poop. I have been giving the ducks a handful of dried insects every day. That's when the white poo started. I didn't even think of that as a change in diet. It just occurred to me as I opened up my package of 10 lbs of dried soldier fly larvae. They are mostly protein. Urates are a byproduct of protein.the white part of their poo is the urates. This is why I see the completely white poo during the day and normal poop in their house where they are at night. Haha! I've never put so much thought into poop before and I was a registered nurse for 15 years.
Watching poop from you flock is much more important. lol I am a poop watcher too. Glad you finally found the reason.

Thank you for posting this I know it’s older but a very important point that could save a cost to the vet
I just had this issues with my drake and even made a visit to the vet. They couldn’t find anything wrong with him
I have been worried sick it’s been 5 days now.
I also about 5 days ago started Giving him dried meal worms as it’s winter abd they can’t find bugs at this time. I have now pulled the treats and will continue to monitor to see if this resolved the issue.

Back
Top Bottom