White egg yolk

Granny Hoffman

Songster
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
SE Michigan
IMG_2040.JPG

What could be causing this. I have done some research and all I have found is that it is in their diet. They have been getting the same feed (Egg Layer pellets) for over a year and all of a sudden the last couple of weeks I have gotten this white yolk on 2 separate occasions. I'm not sure which of the ladies is giving me this white yolk. Consistency is normal, doesn't smell bad. Any advise/help is appreciated.

TIA
GrannyHoffman

Huh...I'd try to figure out which bird is laying these.
Hopefully shell color is different to ease IDing.

Reminds me of yolks from a buddies 'no corn' layers
Do they free range and maybe could have gotten into something 'different'?

How old are your birds?
Wonder if it's a 'slowly down to molt' funkiness?

Scroll way down to the yolk section, couple possibilities there.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

i am looking for info too about the white egg yolk however it seams i already have more info than i have found up to now so i will share what i know;

i found a white egg amongst about 8 other “normal” eggs it was bright white shell and looked more appatising than others.
Later i broke three others in to a glass i got to the white shelled one expecting it to still have yellow yolk. “ergh!” Was my reaction when the white yolk landed on to the other yolks, i looked closely at it tilting glass side to side it looked “normal” except even whiter than the pics of “white yolks” i have seen online, i threw caution to the wind and drank it none the less, it tasted slightly sweet. Day later now got no known adverse side effects from it.

Back
Top Bottom