White Emerald Spaulding?

I emailed a breeder (not Rocking BAB) once to ask a question and it took them I think a month or more to reply. by the time I got their reply I had forgoten I had even emailed them!

You have to remember these guys get 100+ emails a day, 30-50 texts and numerous calls. They have to prioritize.
That sounds like fun!
smack.gif

I hardly get any peafowl emails, but I like it when I get them. I love answering emails. I guess I would go crazy if I got all those emails, texts, and calls a week, but I think it would be fun. I like talking about birds even if it doesn't end up in a sale. My parents wish I didn't talk about birds so much.
hide.gif

I am sure some of those messages are stupid ones asking questions that are already answered on the breeder's website. Now those types of messages I would get annoyed at.

And I bet that a very low percentage of those communications pan out into a sale.
You are right about that. Some requests just get shuffled down. If you are new to them or have purchased before, you are more likely to get quicker attention. Multiple inquiries without purchases get shuffled down the list. Questions like "what all do you have available?" get shuffled down the list. They have to prioritize. You call and say " I saw you have a pair of white saplings for $800 and I want them" get answered. Same way with "I need a super special color male right now and I have PayPal on standby". Those types of calls get priority.

That sounds like fun!
smack.gif

I hardly get any peafowl emails, but I like it when I get them. I love answering emails. I guess I would go crazy if I got all those emails, texts, and calls a week, but I think it would be fun. I like talking about birds even if it doesn't end up in a sale. My parents wish I didn't talk about birds so much.
hide.gif

I am sure some of those messages are stupid ones asking questions that are already answered on the breeder's website. Now those types of messages I would get annoyed at.
Yeah, I get probably 10 calls and 10-15 e-mails each week just from the little bit of exposure I have on the peafowl and the chickens. I could not handle the traffic of someone like Josh. He is a great people person but everyone has stuff they have to do.

Back
Top Bottom