white face black spanish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dgibson, Jul 17, 2011.

1. dgibson

dgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2010
    Who has white face black spanish SQ
  2. IowaHeritage

IowaHeritage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Western Iowa
    I rescued a pair that lived in a cage, in someone's basement in Omaha last january.

They could barely walk. Wouldnt / couldnt breed. Roosters back was pecked out...

Finally they have come around and I was able to hatch a single chick.......

I am unsure if these particular 2 are sop however.

3. Bo Garrett

Bo Garrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Quote:Hey Don,
    There is a farm in Arizona that raises show quality WF Black Spanish, Leon and Muriel Ewer "L & M Birds" they are listed on page 102 of the APA 2009 Yearbook. They are master breeders of Spanish. Also, Fine Feathered Friends Aviary on the same page has LF Spanish. I can't remember if I have ever seen these peoples birds when out at the Four Corners show. I do know the best I have ever seen were from Richard Schock of N. Carolina but he got out of poultry a few years back and I don't know where his birds went. The best I recall he used Large Black Minorcas to improve the size and type of his Spanish. If you find some decent spanish then I would recommend some minorcas from Adrian Rademacher in Minnesota to improve the size and feather quallity, should only take a couple of generations.
    Good to see you on the BYC. Tell everyone I said howdy!

Blessings to you and your family,

Bo Garrett
  4. david free

david free New Egg

Nov 8, 2013
    Would you have a email or phone number for l&m birds I been looking and have not found anything

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by