White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

Pics
Here are my roos @ 5 months.

El Rey, the biggest one, already looks like a grumpy old man!
LL

El Principe is pretty big too!
LL

yea how rare are these birds

If you check with the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy you can check on the status of most breeds of livestock in the U.S.
I do not believe that there is a conflict with BYC rules, as they are not a forum but an association geared to preserve the old heritage type domestic livestock.

Well Mary got her WFBS 2 cockerells and 2 pullets weekend before last.
They were not in the best of shape when we got them but they have improved 135% and are settling in nicely,
They were in with a larger roo and the cockerells were picked bare in some spots but now you can not see any bare skin and they are feathering out fast. They now have that fantastic metalic green sheen and are spunky feisty birds that are entertaining to watch!
I can see why they are described as roosting birds these 4 will not use their coop but would rather be up high in one of the roosting branches we have for them rain or shine!
When we get heavy rain they will go in for shelter but as soon as it is over up they go! They are up in their favorite roosts just before dark until about 6AM and come down just as the sun rises waiting for treats LOL.
We belive them to be 3 months old "that is what the breeder claimed" and once Mary hatches some out we will be looking for more genetics to mix with the ones we keep from the 1st hatch.
We read that inbreeding has been a problem with these facinating birds so we plan to strive to get varying genetics and to produce a good hardy line in the long run.
We plan to breed for hardienes and health 1st and standards 2nd but we home to start with good genes from good breeders!

Back
Top Bottom