White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

I'm also in interested in these guys I contacted Ideal and am thinking about getting 5 or 6 they said I could possibly get them as soon as next week.
How do these guys do in a mixed flock other than being flighty are they good natured?

I had longed for a White Faced Black Spanish rooster for years! I finally found a breeder that was showing his at the Fort Worth stock show and I now have a trio! My rooster is very good at alerting the hens of hawks, cats etc. He is gorgeous!

I had longed for a White Faced Black Spanish rooster for years! I finally found a breeder that was showing his at the Fort Worth stock show and I now have a trio! My rooster is very good at alerting the hens of hawks, cats etc. He is gorgeous!
Would you happen to have any contact info of the breeder you got yours from?

Years ago I had a trio of LF WFBS from Superior before they went under. They were stunningly beautiful but I ended up giving them away as the male was noisier than just about any I've ever kept, and the females laid tiny eggs infrequently. I keep thinking about giving them another try. For those with more experience, are these issues typical of the breed or did I get a false impression from three birds? Thanks in advance.

Seems like you got a false impression from your birds compared to my experience. Each of my hens lays a large egg every other day, and the roosters do like to crow but the crowing doesn't seem excessive.

Thank you for your response. These birds of mine were obviously from exhibition stock, which may explain the lack of egg laying ability. Most of what you read reports the breed to be at least average layers with a remote history of being excellent. Of course with cocks, they're individuals. The other cock that I've owned that rivaled for Noise Champion was a Welsummer, not a breed known for being particularly noisey. He could blow your hair back from 60 feet.

Last edited:
I have posted in other WFBS threads, but I thought I would start a fresh one. These are great birds, hard to find, and very few people have them. I absolutely LOVE these birds and just got my first batch. I had to start with hatchery stock, but these seem like nice, healthy birds. I have also recently made arrangements to acquire eggs from Jim Bell of Tennessee this fall.

If you have pics of your birds, PLEASE post them here! I love to see pics of everybody's WFBS.

As soon as I have pics of my chicks, I'll post them.
I want I want I want but I can't find do you know a breeder near stockton california

I want I want I want but I can't find do you know a breeder near stockton california
I decided to give the WFBS a go again. I found an Ebay egg seller (13 birds hatched), a local Craigslist ad (6 birds) and then ordered some from Murray McMurray (26) I then went on to lose 27 to predation attack after attack. I've further culled down to 14 birds (I had 9 males at one time. Currently I have 5 males and 9 females.) The local farm birds are the best. I have a pair that's about 1 yr 9 months, and a quad from them that is about 6 months. First picture is Murray McMurray 5 month old male. Not a looker but big so a kept him. The next picture to the left is a 6 month male from the local farm. The first on the bottom row are a pair of the Ebay birds, at 4 months. To the left is the cock and hen off the local farm. (He's so mean that he may have to go.) Finally a couple pullets from the local farm bird line. They started giving me a few eggs at 5 months, 6 months old now. If you're still interested, contract me in the late spring and I'm sure I could get you started with eggs or chicks. I'm just above Folsom. I think the pictures enlarge if you click on them.

DSC02992.JPG DSC03004.JPG DSC02984.JPG DSC02996.JPG DSC02976.JPG

I think your McMurray male is a Minorca "which also explains his larger size". He should have more of a white face by this age. Even my 4 month old males had noticeable white in their faces. All your birds are outstanding looking by the way. Do you still have the info on the ebay seller by chance? I'd like to get some different blood into my flock in the near future. And breeders here in the Midwest are hard to find. Thanks much

Back
Top Bottom