White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

I have a pair i just recently picked up from a old man that has been breeding them for years. They are the bantam size ones but are very beautiful. I think i like them the best out of all my birds!

How do i post a pic on here. Been trying to upload one of my rooster but there is no option to let me upload it.

My eggs have arrived!!!

Today, as a birthday gift, I received from Jim Bell 1 dozen of his white faced black Spanish heritage stock eggs AND 1 dozen of a new strain of white faced BLUE Spanish that he has developed! Unfortunately, 2 of the blue eggs broke and 1 cracked (thanks, Post Office), even though they were very, very well packed.

We are letting the eggs rest while we are regulating the incubator and calibrating the hygrometer.

SO exciting!

great thread intresting beautiful birds
wink.png

Quote:
woot.gif
Hope they hatch for you! I might begetting some eggs from Lund Poultry in November to replace my flock that I had lost to a disease.
barnie.gif

BTW, Happy Birthday!

Quote:
woot.gif
Hope they hatch for you! I might begetting some eggs from Lund Poultry in November to replace my flock that I had lost to a disease.
barnie.gif

BTW, Happy Birthday!

I have bought eggs from him twice. None of them hatched, but that's a gamble you take with shipped eggs. He's a good guy, though, and has nice birds. I was disappointed in my zero hatch rate, but I think it was the post office's doing more than Terry's. I was so ticked that some of my Jim Bell eggs are broken, but I rinsed off the others. I know you're not supposed to, but they for sure wouldn't hatch with the nasty stuff all over them.... besides, if Trader Joe or other grocery store fertile eggs can hatch--and those are washed--then these can, too. I have 9 that are still good… a 10th has a crack, which I sealed with clear nail polish. I've also done that in the past and successfully hatched a chick from a cracked egg sealed with nail polish, so why not try it again? The membrane was not violated, so I think it should be ok. I'll just have to keep an extra close watch on that one during incubation.

So I am here with 22 eggs--12 white faced black Spanish & 10 white faced blue Spanish. I'll be thrilled with even a 50% hatch rate. They are sitting still on the table for now, and we'll set them tomorrow night. We have a hen trying to go broody, so I'm giving some of them to her. Our auto egg turner only holds 16 eggs, so if we put 16 in there and give Olga 6, that should take care of it.

Okay, here's Sawblade... he's my "lead cockerel" that we got from Ideal in June. He will be 10 weeks old on Monday. You can see he is starting to get white face a little bit around his eyes and has a beautiful, large white earlobe. He started crowing about a week ago & sounds like a little wind-up toy chicken trying to crow!

59404_sawblade2.jpeg

Isn't he gorgeous??

Back
Top Bottom