White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

He looks great! Like his comb and earlobe.
thumbsup.gif

Yah, he got the name Sawblade because of his comb. By the time he was 2-3 weeks old, he had a HUGE comb that looked like a little round sawblade sticking up out of his head. He thinks he runs the show. LOL.

Standard.

Because this bird is on the Endangered Species list, I wanted to raise and breed the standard-sized fowl to try to help preserve them. The bantams are also gorgeous, though. I've seen some really nice ones.

Quote:
Very, very nice!

My standards (including Sawblade) also came from Ideal. I've been pleased with the birds from there. I'm keeping the best of that group and have probably 3-4 WFBS male/female juvenile pairs for sale right now (in case any of y'all are in my area and interested… I only want $20/pair). I'll be crossing those with the heritage stock I hatch from Jim Bell's eggs. They've been in the incubator now for 24 hours. Gonna be a LONG 3 weeks, but they are due to hatch on the 23rd. Wish us luck!

Come on, good hatching vibes!

What's really exciting is that I found a picture of some white faced blue Spanish online, which were originally developed by some guy in the UK. Now Jim Bell has developed them for the U.S. (possibly using parent stock from the UK?? I have no clue), and he sent me some of those eggs, 9 of which are also in the incubator.

Here's what they look like:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Spanish/BRKWFBS.html

They are in the 5th row of pics up from the bottom. I know shipped eggs are a gamble, but let's hope this is one gamble that seriously pays off!

Ok, we have had some mishaps with the white faced blue Spanish eggs due to what appears to be an issue with the post office using the box for goal-kicking practice.

Another egg that had a slight crack in it exploded in the bator tonight. We got it fairly early, so I think we were able to save the rest. It looks like we are down to 8 white faced Blue Spanish, and there's also a Black Spanish egg that looks like it might have a slight crack in it--might as well get rid of it now before it creates a problem later.

Back
Top Bottom