White feathers, blue legs

chickenpoostew

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 14, 2013
Hello again, is anyone up for another round of guess the breed?
This gal/guy had very light yellow down, is feathering in white, and has blue legs with "more pink than yellow" toes. The Bresse breed has similar characteristics but isn't listed on the McMurray site. Single comb. We also have one I am fairly certain is a blue andalusian. Is this a white one of the same breed perhaps? Thanks for any and all guesses! :)

is it possible for it to be a splash[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]andalusian? If both parents are blue[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]andalusians 25% of their offspring will be splash.

I have no idea, but I hope you find out because I have one just like him and no one has been able to figure out what he is.
idunno.gif

This was taken about two weeks ago. I don't have a more recent pic. His legs are now changing colors just like the chick above. He is feathering in white also. I'm thinking Splash ... something with the coloring around the eyes.

Last edited:

This was taken about two weeks ago. I don't have a more recent pic. His legs are now changing colors just like the chick above. He is feathering in white also.
It looks like a splash to me...splashes take a while to get there splash markings in...when they get about 4-6 weeks old the splash marking should start to come in....and if it is not that I currently have no idea what it could be.

Back
Top Bottom