White fluid that comes out of duck's vent

duckman4450

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 1, 2012
My mallard Gabby has this white fluid that drips from her vent, but this only happens when she is petted/scratched on the back. It smells pretty poopy and is sometimes thick and very white, but sometimes thinner and more transparent. Other than that this never happens. Is this a cause for concern? Sometimes it's a lot, sometimes not much at all comes out. She lays an egg a day every single day if that matters. Here is a video to show you, this amount is not much compared to some other times.

Last edited:
Yep, she thinks that she is being mounted; you can tell because of the position she takes (lowering herself to the ground, stretching her neck out, and sticking her butt up). So her cloaca produces lubrication as a response. You could watch some vids of mating ducks on youtube, and then you'll see.

She looks healthy :) And cute!

Very old thread but my 26 wk Cayuga, Fiona, just started this today while getting petted. Still no eggs from her, quacks LOUDLY and often.....but have really wanted an egg as 100% confirmation of gender. So I'm guessing this pre-mating lubrication is a female only thing?

I have a Rouen duck name daisy she is 9 weeks old and white fluid is coming out of her vent but she won’t move all she does is lay down

I have a Rouen duck name daisy she is 9 weeks old and white fluid is coming out of her vent but she won’t move all she does is lay down

Welcome to BYC.

Could you post a thread about your duck? Include some pictures of her, what you're feeding her, and some information about your setup.

This morning she was perfectly fine she was out running around and all of a sudden she just stopped and just lay down and when she walks its very slow. For food my boyfriend got her this brand named flock party and it says egg maker crumbles. She is in a coop with another Rouen duck which is male.

Last edited:
9A999733-BB91-4F4C-A4A7-741E38939857.png

Back
Top Bottom