WHite gross stuff in back of ROOS throat!!! Laryngo?????

Well, if it was me, I'd start him on Tylan water soluble antibiotic. It's excellent for respiratory ilnesses. But, you can't get it at most stores. I ordered mine online - and, it's expensive. But, when I have one that starts sneezing, I watch it for a few days to see if it'll get over it on its own. If not, I separate them and begin treatment.

Lots of folks on here do not agree in treating birds with respiratory illnesses, and some say to just cull, because even if you treat and he is cured, he will most likely be a carrier of whatever he has. I choose to treat, knowing that the bird may become a carrier and I may need to treat others in the future. I've also found that if you treat early, it's more successful.

Thanks. I can get injectable for $30 here. I have never tried it. I dont have $30 right now, but can get it on Monday. bummer.

Someone told me Aereomycin (?) which is cheap. I dont know if I should try that or not. I have read other posts and it seems Tylan is a good drug.

with the vetrx, you can put 2 drops down his throat,, then get "pen-aqueous" injectable antibiotic, give him 1/2 cc a day for 3 days,,, if this dont help,, its SERIOUS .. and i think the antibiotic cost me round $15
ive used it on 2 sick roos, along with the vetrx,, and 3 days their almost 100%

EDIT: ta say the vetrx is GOOD,, and under wings like you were told is great too.

Last edited:
My roo has changed.... he now has a cool and starting to get blue comb (just a tad) and he has some really gross white stuff coming up the back of his throat.

changed to it is liquidy

I have been giving him PenG shots

Last edited:
editted Pretty soon I am going to have to put him to sleep if I can't figurethis out.

Thanks for your help anyone who replies.
hmm.png

Last edited:
no Im wrong it is pusy and foamy translucent off whie and liquidy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom