White leghorn hen not right

dlp40

Chirping
Dec 1, 2015
Florence sc
I have a group of 6 girls in my mixed flock. 1 of which is my white leghorn. Normally she is chatty, flighty, and my little energizer bunny. As of about 3-4 days ago she started acting really tired and her comb has turned purple. Today she hardly moved when i gave them some spaghetti noodles. I have no idea why she's acting like this, all my other birds are fine. The whole flock is 1 yr old this month.
Their coop is dry and draft free. They have a 15x15 for run attached to the 7x7 run. The are feed layena pellets and oyster shell free choice. The temp just got cold for the first time all year last week,29F at the coldest on average.
Any help would be appreciated. If you need more info to better help, please ask and i'll do my best to answer.
Thanks

Can you bring her inside overnight and place her in a warm room? Then see if her comb color improves. Make sure that she is drinking water (add some electrolytes if possible,) and offer her some chopped egg along with her usual feed. If her comb remains blue, then she may have some heart problem, but I hope that the warmth helps her out.

Can you bring her inside overnight and place her in a warm room? Then see if her comb color improves. Make sure that she is drinking water  (add some electrolytes if possible,) and offer her some chopped egg along with her usual feed. If her comb remains blue, then she may have some heart problem, but I hope that the warmth helps her out.

I wish i could bring her inside but my DW would make me sleep outside if i did. About the best i could do is put her in my shed with a heat light.

I have seen her drink once in the past few days but other then my easter egger i can't say i see any of them drink much. I have been adding eletrolights for about a week on a every other day schedule along with fresh water too.
As for feeding eggs, i haven't tried it but i have been giving the girls some meal worms and Dumor (tsc brand)non medicated 24% turkey/ game bird starter feed about every other day. No ill effects so far as i can tell.

Everything i do for my big girls i do for my silkies and i see my slikies actually improving in color,vitality,and plumage.

Thank you for the suggestions, i will be getting on that asap.

I am just really at a loss right now.

Back
Top Bottom