White Leghorn Hen with Bumblefoot!!! (2nd Try SUCCESS!!!!)

Thanks so much for the help guys! I feel so stupid, though. Both of my Leghorns look almost identical, and we've had an identity mix-up. It's not Primrose that has bumble, its Petunia.
th.gif
Well, anyway, this morning I saw Petunia sitting on the nest, getting ready to lay an egg, so I didnt touch her. She bites. I will have to wait w bit before I can go shange the bandage, at least until my pap leaves for work.

I knew I didn't do a very good job last time, so I decided to do a 2nd surgery and it ended in SUCCESS! I got the entire scab off of the better foot and almost all of the cheese stuff out and I got the rest of the cheese stuff out of the worse foot! Last time, Petunia was able to get the bamdages off, but this time I took more care to getting them wrapped better. Let's hope this is the end of her problems!
big_smile.png
Again, thanks so much for the help! Petunia is doing much better now!!
hugs.gif

My gold star pullet had something very similar to this,we soaked her foot in epsom salt,then after that we sprayed peroxide on it,but we didn't do it soon enough,now she has lost 2 of her toes.:(

Back
Top Bottom