White leghorns not laying

TammyFromFL

Hatching
May 28, 2022
We had 15 White Leghorns. In a 24 hour period, 5 died. One lady died about 2 days later. The chickens were normal and suddenly became extremely lethargic and stopped eating and drinking. That has been about 4 weeks. Our remaining chickens are much healthier now. They are energetic and have returned to eating and drinking like normal. BUT, they still aren’t really laying. For the last week, we have been getting 2-3 eggs a day. Today, only one.

What can I do to help them get past this? They are only about 6 months old so age shouldn’t be a factor.

Please help! I’m worried about my ladies!

:welcome Did you ever determine what the problem was ? The nature of the problem may very well dictate how long it takes them to fully recover.
Unfortunately, we didn’t. It was extremely sudden. They were energetic and happy one morning and, quite literally, started dying that same afternoon. We had 2-3 days where they weren’t really eating and drinking. Once that was over, they started back to their normal routine. Start to finish it only lasted maybe 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom