White Leghorns

Saddles would not be visible at 10 weeks. No need for side shots. Those giant red combs and wattles is confirmation enough.

Some people choose to keep a bachelor pad. Some people butcher. I sell/re-home on Craigslist.

Hello folks - I’m new to this forum and fairly new to raising chickens. I successfully hatched 5 leghorn eggs 10 weeks ago and really need to know the gender of my 5 ‘kids’.
One of the chicks was always a cockerel from day 1 by his behaviour and comb colour & size - but now they’re 10 weeks, the 3 I thought were pullets look like cockerels - one is definitely a pullet ... if I do have 4 cockerels any advice would be appreciated, I realise I can’t leave them all together
I have 5 leghorns. Their combs are super large, tall and red. 2 Have reeeealllly large wattles they must be 4 inches long down their front. All are GIRLS. I get 5 white eggs a day. No other white egg layers.

I have 5 leghorns. Their combs are super large, tall and red. 2 Have reeeealllly large wattles they must be 4 inches long down their front. All are GIRLS. I get 5 white eggs a day. No other white egg layers.
OP's birds are only 10 weeks old.

Whenever trouble starts. How old are they? I can give you a good estimate. It'll be soon.
Even if you want to keep ONE with her, you will need more pullets. Even if you don't want to keep a roo, you will need more pullets.
Thanks - yes they’re starting to get a bit feisty with other at times, I have re homed a couple in the last hour so just need to get some more girls now ... thanks for your help 😊

Ok so now I’m super confused! Their tail feathers look quite curly - can’t really see Saddle feathers very well ... a couple of them are play fighting each other, do pullets do that or just cockerels?

Ok so now I’m super confused! Their tail feathers look quite curly - can’t really see Saddle feathers very well ... a couple of them are play fighting each other, do pullets do that or just cockerels?
2 of my leghorns will get right up in each others face. Hackles standing. Clawing and Jumping at each. They certainly act and look like roos then. But I've watched both of them lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom