White Orpingtons

Quote:
Murray's stink! I had a friend who ordered them and half had yellow legs (I think they were white rocks) they were all small. They would be fine for pets but if you are after the big Orps look elsewhere.

Ya like i said i didnt know of there quality, they may be white rocks if having yellow legs. id be calling them and saying hay i thought you said they had white pinkish legs...
old.gif

Charlie

Quote:
Oh she did and Murray does not care they will say we do not guarantee they are of show quality and then offer a credit on you account. Which is fine but don't sell White Orps if you do not have White Orps. Yet another reason why I will not order from a hatchery unless I have no other choice.

Well it Doesn't sound to good..

You don't here to many really after them like the Buff, blacks, blue's and splash which seem to be the favorite at this time for most farms..

Charlie

Last edited:
Quote:
Murray's stink! I had a friend who ordered them and half had yellow legs (I think they were white rocks) they were all small. They would be fine for pets but if you are after the big Orps look elsewhere.

I agree with you Adam,
I have seen birds a friend of mine have gotten form McMurray and as far as quality they totally are not what I would even consider a orpington.

So if you want nice quality hands down I would get some from Gayle or contact another Exhibition breeder. If you just wanted eggs go with hatchery stock. Good birds , but the show worthiness of them is lacking due to non selective breeding.

Harry, hope you can build a nice big flock of whites..Beings good ones are so tough to come by you may be able to fill the needs of them..

Ya thats not good if they are selling them and they wind up with yellow legs and probably skin as well.

Charlie

Last edited:
the one on ebay right now is who I got my eggs from, and they are 11 weeks old now and are looking very nice. I will look at the legs better tonight

Last edited:
lesliet I was just throwing it out there and i myself havent purchased from either of these places.

So i just couldnt say what they have or not.

Of course the one on ebay appears to have white legs in the pic.

But well if you got some and they do have white legs, than that is great.

That means there are some out there..

Charlie

now I am curious to see if they really are white orps or not. they are pretty even if they aren't, so I will look........when I get home from work
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom