White Rock Genetics

White plymouth rocks carry recessive white.
Initially, you need two parents who each have 1 copy of the recessive gene to breed. 25% of the successive offspring will be white.
After that, breeding White x White will result in 100% white as each parent will be homozygous recessive for white.

If you breed a White rock to a colored rock, say a black rock, the resulting (F1) offspring will all have 1 copy of the recessive white gene.
Breeding those F1 offsping back together will result in 25% of the F2 offspring being white.

White Rocks are there own breed. I just picked up some chicks at tractor supply.

They have been carrying them steady. So if you have one of those check there for chicks.

Breeding father to daughter is known as line breeding. As long as you don't do it for several generations you would be fine. A lot of time it is done when breeding for desirable traits.

White Rocks are there own breed. I just picked up some chicks at tractor supply.

They have been carrying them steady. So if you have one of those check there for chicks.

Breeding father to daughter is known as line breeding. As long as you don't do it for several generations you would be fine. A lot of time it is done when breeding for desirable traits.

I have looked at the chicks at Tractor Supply. I don't think they will have the Boone structure I am looking for. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom