White Rock hen or Rooster

:barnieNo! NO! No! I refuse this! I just had 4 out of 7 roosters from the new chicks! This bird to me is the Arabian horse of chickens. Where's the cockadoodle on this thing at almost 6 months?
Lol. That sucks, I'm sorry.

All birds are different. My first cockerel - he didn't join the choir until about a year old.
If you have other more dominant males, that could also cause him to keep quiet. Apparently they get self conscious about singing in front of an audience.

Well
Lol. That sucks, I'm sorry.

All birds are different. My first cockerel - he didn't join the choir until about a year old.
If you have other more dominant males, that could also cause him to keep quiet. Apparently they get self conscious about singing in front of an audience.
Wow, I didn't know they could hold off on crowing that long.We're in the suburbs so I don't mind him staying quiet. I prefer to keep the cone of death In the shed lol

She's started mounting one of the hens about twice a day. Still no crowing or eggs from her. I checked the said mounted hens eggs for fertilization, they aren't. Will update once we either get a crow or an egg from the Plymouth.
Fresh photos please. It's possible the saddling was hard to see due to the colour.
It's not unheard of for females to mount females ...I just don't see this.

Back
Top Bottom