White Silkie Pair--pullet and cockerel (will not be sold separately)

Country Chickens

Songster
11 Years
Sep 28, 2008
Orange County, NC
A nice, breedable pair of silkies available to be shipped in the continental US where NPIP certification is accepted and no further paperwork required. These two are both six months, the girl is not laying yet but should be soon. Both have excellent skin color, combs (size and color), wings, type, etc and have five toes on each foot. Their tail feathers are a little stiff, especially the girl's, but they should produce some very nice chicks.

You can read about our farm and birds on our website, www.ravencroftrookery.com. We are NPIP certified and AI clean, and our birds are healthy and happy! Email or message me with questions, and thanks for looking!

Well, I'm interested, but not sure it will work out. Just got our new coop and starting to build our enclosed yard, so won't be ready for awhile. You'll probably get them sold by then. I'm assuming the $50 doesn't include shipping??? (I'm in PA)

That's right, shipping would be extra. And I am hoping these guys will sell before the weather turns hot and I can't ship them--you sure you haven't got a corner you could tuck them in while you finished the coop? lol

Let me know your zip if you want me to calculate shipping!

I would love to, but the $ will get too high for me. $50 was already pushing the limit. Thanks you for your time and best of luck finding them a good home. They are beautiful birds!!

Thanks, I appreciate it! Good luck finishing up the coop, and have fun filling it!
big_smile.png

Following up on another query--here are the pics I could find of the parents:
Dad, at about four or five months. He still looks like his sisters here, but he's since grown a comb and streamers. I'd grab an updated pic, 'cause he's a very handsome guy but he's been outside and he'd need a bath. His feet a great--carpet feathering!

Mom was not as nice, as you can see. Her feet were okay, but more sparse than his, and that's where the stiff feathers in the tail come from.

Are these the only silkies you have for sale? Also, what is the color of the silkie in the 3rd pic on your websites silkie page?

Yes, these are the only adult silkies for sale at this time. We have just a few chicks for sale, but those are for pickup only. Soon we will be selling eggs, and even later in the season chicks, but for now this is it. :) The pic of the roo on our website is a splash. Isn't he gorgeous?

I will weigh them and get that shipping quote for you!

Okay, it will be $10 for the single Horizon shipping box plus $35 to ship them plus $50 for the pair for a total of $95 to have this pair delivered. I've checked the weather on both ends and it's supposed to be good to ship on Monday, so let me know if you think you want to go for this and we'll plan that way. I only ship birds on Monday (or Tuesday at the latest) to make sure they won't be held somewhere over the weekend if there's a problem, so that's why I mention it. :)

Yes, your splash is gorgeous!! Will talk to hubby, but I doubt he'll agree to that for 2 pets :rolleyes: Th for your time!

Back
Top Bottom