White SILKIE ROO with Black SILKIE hen...what will I get?

Blackclownfish, I don't understand what you're saying. Please will you explain.
smile.png

Cuckoo should be all over barring, even if it's faint and covered by another pattern.

Versus grey silkies which have a barring look to their shoulders and wings.

I've seen it plenty of grey silkies from white/black cross's but I have yet to see a cuckoo. Of course I'm not an expert.
smile.png

Aha I've found one. This is a grey silkie hen with no cuckoo, this is just the grey pattern.
FUCH5170CustomImage1499377.jpg

Here's another although not as clear.
779996788_dfc4e5f466.jpg

note: I do not own these birds, this was just a google search.
lol.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. Patterns show up differently on hookless feathering. You're saying it was pattern gene & silver under the white?

In the top picture of the OP there is a small bird eating. Are those lines towards the bird's rear end, due to pattern gene?

Momscoop isn't the OP. I haven't seen any OP posted photos on this thread. I can't tell whether the "barring" on Momscoop's 1st photo is autosomal barring, barring on part of the bird or something else. It does look barred rather than multiple laced, but the photo is not giving any secrets away.

Quote:
Thats a grey silkie hen. The hens have some barring on the wings. Thats how you can tell hens from roosters at an early age. Grey or also called silver, is like a partridge with out the red color pigments from what I understand. I may be wrong.

Well, I have gotten partridge and grey out of my blue and black pen, and have gotten all white chicks out of my black pair.

I also have what supposedly came out of my blue roo to buff hen, a chick that is looking to be a splash so far. I love the surprises, but frankly want it to stop now. Course, I suppose it will for a while, I lost my nice blue hen, lost my blue rooster and my nice black hen has uncurable crookneck it seems so cannot be introduced back to the coop.

Back
Top Bottom