White SILKIE ROO with Black SILKIE hen...what will I get?

Quote:
Just to clear this up I wasn't referring to her as Calico thats her name. I am not sure what you would call her coloring. I have been told it is a Calico coloring though.

Here is another picture of calico so you can see her markings on her back.
calico1.jpg

Last edited:
So is that a blue tail? Or lots of black undercolour? Or shadow? Are the markings on the back black or blue?

I wouldn't call her a calico--her colouring/pattern is definitely different than the splash or grey versions of "calico." Better to keep colour names different when the colour/pattern do not match--there is already enough confusion. But as her given name--cute
wink.png

Looks to be a diluted buff (not counting the dark markings)--colour is not even, but appears to be somewhat regular. Pretty girl
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! she is a pretty girl its not quite black it kinda looks blue the pictures make it seem alot darker but seeing her by eye view it looks to be blue in her tail and on her back and wings. Thats what I thought about calling my little project since I really am drawed to this color it just looks so fancy to me is diluted buff. I have been told by 4 or 5 different people she was a Calico then diluted buff. I think I am gonna go with the diluted buff also.

well what would you call these two 11 week old chicks
29985_p1030938.jpg

is it a partridge or a splash?
29985_p1030939.jpg

this one is lighter?
I just want to know so when it comes time to sell them I'll know what to advertise them as. Thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
I was thinking you might get some chicks that look to be blueish in color or splash. The chicks above almost appear silver/blue to me. But i am no gene expert
wink.png

They are both partridge. The first is probably a male, way too light in colour, though--breast should be black--but often isn't in silkie males (not enough breeders know or undertand the partridge standard, IMO). The 2nd photo is a girl (or a henny feathered male, lol).

i have got a brown silky cockrill and a white silkie hen the hen has been laying vertilized eggs and one is hatching and i cant wait to see its colour
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom