White silkie with black feathers? (with pics)

I am no expert by any means,but....really is looking like a paint to me.
big_smile.png
BUT I also understand that paints are extremely rare,so more than likely splash. I think paints are in Europe,thats where they come up with them at least. What a cutie!!
love.gif

Edited for quick typing..spell check was needed.LOL:)

Last edited:
if you want to breed her I think that there is a show silkie breeder in Arizona, idk how close to you they are tho. . . yes, Sonoran Silkies is in Tempe, AZ it looks like according to her avatar. Even if you DO have a hatchery silkie it is my understanding if you want to bring them up to show quality birds you can breed to show quality if the hatchery quality has a desirable trait or one you want to replicate? Also if you ever decide to sell her and strawberryhousemouse is too far away idk if Sonoran would be interested in buying or not, but that might be a 2nd option of a home ***IF*** it comes to that and Straw is too far away

idk, has Sonoran spoken up on what she thinks the color is since you posted pics? I don't remember, they are a WEALTH of information on genetics and everything, amaze me every time they post on colors and genetics. They will also be able to correct me on if the "paint" coloration could be passed onto offspring this way or not, if it is "paint" which it sure looks like atm . . . . (I am saying "they" b/c I don't remember if Sonoran is he or she)

Beautiful silkie baby tho !!!!

No, I know that being hatchery stock it would most likely be a splash but I can't get over the distinct difference it looks like that chick has in its colors, pure white with splotches of black . . .

All I know is I def want more pictures as the chick grows up so we can see what it is doing color wise !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom