White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
My pair of White Sport were able to reproduce. I just hatched an egg from the pen dated 4/22. I will post a photo in a sec. So I would say that there is no fatalistic white gene. I will keep it for a bit to ensure it is viable but it looks pretty healthy.

This is the white spot chick that hatched. I don't have them penned anymore as I need the space and I'm prepping to sell them off. I think they'd work best unrelated and in a better bator as I'm having issues with mine at lockdown - bought a new one for lockdown

Last edited:
My Cochin started to set a while back and so I threw a bunch of eggs under her, 4 Cochin x Cream Legbar and 5 pure Cream Legbar. So far 7 have hatched and the other two a pipping. Of the 4 Cream Legbar that have hatched 3 are white. When the other 2 eggs hatch I will post some pictures. I'm hoping someone can help me sex the white chicks. And I plan on selling the white ones. Does anyone know how much they are worth? Should they be priced the same as a Cream Legbar?

Last edited:
My Cochin started to set a while back and so I threw a bunch of eggs under her, 4 Cochin x Cream Legbar and 5 pure Cream Legbar. So far 7 have hatched and the other two a pipping. Of the 4 Cream Legbar that have hatched 3 are white. When the other 2 eggs hatch I will post some pictures. I'm hoping someone can help me sex the white chicks. And I plan on selling the white ones. Does anyone know how much they are worth? Should they be priced the same as a Cream Legbar?

I believe that there may be a market for the white variety of cream legbars. I was perusing RareBreedAuctions.com about 8-10 months ago and someone sold a white cream legbar pullet there for ~$60 plus shipping if I remember correctly. I currently have a 4.5 month old white cockerel and a 4 month old white pullet. I would like to see what they will do.

Here are some pictures of the chicks, can anyone tell me what sex they are?

Here are the three of them together.

A closer view of the chick on the far right of the first picture.

A closer look at the center chick.

A closer look at the chick on the left.

And here is my older White Sport Cream Legbar, hen or roo?

Back
Top Bottom