White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
Maybe I expressed my thoughts wrongs! I want to isolate the white gene for the an entirely seperate breeding pen ! Should I diversify the bloodline by breeding into my cream legbars so I can create one pen of a unrelated offspring focusing on crested white chicks! I have no intention of smothers my flick with the white gene! I'm not a genetic expert, but I'd never be able to fix a mistake like that! Maybe that would better explain my thoughts! I do not want to breed the color into my existing flick! I'm looking at creating an entirely seperate pen! The though of white legbars was never an idea, I stumbled on these birds and actually they are very nice and could not pass them up!

Maybe I expressed my thoughts wrongs! I want to isolate the white gene for the an entirely seperate breeding pen ! Should I diversify the bloodline by breeding into my cream legbars so I can create one pen of a unrelated offspring focusing on crested white chicks! I have no intention of smothers my flick with the white gene! I'm not a genetic expert, but I'd never be able to fix a mistake like that! Maybe that would better explain my thoughts! I do not want to breed the color into my existing flick! I'm looking at creating an entirely seperate pen! The though of white legbars was never an idea, I stumbled on these birds and actually they are very nice and could not pass them up!

I also like the white sports, but have not tried to breed them directly. I actually agree with your thought to utilize standard Cream Legbars to diversify the parent stock if your goal is to breed white sports.

I would be interested to know if anyone has tried breeding a white sport to a standard CL which is split for white and what their experience has been.

I think the biggest drawback to introducing the white sports is size. So far my white sports have the smallest bodies, whether I received them from someone else's stock, or they were an unexpected result of my standard CL pairings.

It has been said by others with a long history in the APA, that the appearance of white sports are not a disadvantage for those breeding to the proposed SOP, as the requirement is for 50% of the offspring to be true to type, color, size and comb. In a standard CL x CL pairing with recessive white genes, only 25% of the offspring will be recessive white. The disadvantage in this case is introducing a CL white sport of unknown parentage to a standard CL breeding program as it is not known what colors the all white bird will pass along i.e. cream, gold, autosomal red, good barring, insufficient barring, white streaks, etc.

They will be laying soon, I'll just start there! Let them reproduce see what they produce, then decide from their! If I am lucky to obtain a 50/50 split ! I can cull the creams, and try inter grating deversity keeping the sports and culling the remainders! Trial and error!

They will be laying soon, I'll just start there! Let them reproduce see what they produce, then decide from their! If I am lucky to obtain a 50/50 split ! I can cull the creams, and try inter grating deversity keeping the sports and culling the remainders! Trial and error!

keep us posted on your project

Hi..

I Just found this thread, I was going to brag about my white cream legbar on a cream legbar thread and found this one.

Here is the one I hatched yesterday. She/he is my second one this year the first was weak and had bad legs and died in 2 days. This one is strong and seems very active.

Hi.. I Just found this thread, I was going to brag about my white cream legbar on a cream legbar thread and found this one. Here is the one I hatched yesterday. She/he is my second one this year the first was weak and had bad legs and died in 2 days. This one is strong and seems very active.
That's so awesone! I have plans to try and replicate a white Legbar by crossing my CL roo with a white Leghorn, since it seems the only way to obtain one right now. They are so pretty, keep posting pics please as he/she grows!

White leghorn are dominate white . Legbar white sports are recessive white . My interest is to see if the recessive whites will be auto sexable .

I am hoping to get another one of these of the other sex.

I am getting one of these about every 25 chicks I hatch from my CLB's. But that could end soon. I have 2 rooster and 7 hens in one coop, I am moving them to two coops. Splitting them up to hopefully get a better hatch rate. If I split the pair (father/daughter or Mother/Son) that makes these I will get no more.

White leghorn are dominate white . Legbar white sports are recessive white . My interest is to see if the recessive whites will be auto sexable .

I know:) i just want to make a bird that looks like one. I have pure Legbars but to my knowledge they do not carry the recessive white gene. I had one in my flock from 2012 but i dont have that flock anymore.

Back
Top Bottom