White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
I have a 13 mo white sport hen in WI that I am considering letting go of just due to chicken math getting out of hand.......

I wish you were closer but I'm in WI. I have my first CL a white sport pullet and I adore her
All my whites so far have been roos, Would love to get an all white pullet.

The one pullet I have is out of some eggs my sister hatched . She has a few dark feathers on her making me wonder if she is really a white sport or something else. Has anyone else had white sports showing a few dark feathers like a splash?

NO NO NO...

Are you NPIP? 

No I am just a year into this hobby and got chicks from Craigslist and have gotten carried away bringing chicks home.
Last week the Silkies hatched some speckled Sussex eggs from Craigslist so the chicken math is getting to be a problem.

If this is your first year how did you get a 13 month old white sport?

You are talking Cream legbar white sport correct?
All my whites so far have been roos, Would love to get an all white pullet.

The one pullet I have is out of some eggs my sister hatched . She has a few dark feathers on her making me wonder if she is really a white sport or something else. Has anyone else had white sports showing a few dark feathers like a splash?

As I understand it that is not possible. The white sport is 2 recessive white genes. if another color is expressed it cannot IMHO be a double recessive white. But JerryS would be the one to ask, He is the Guru of everything feathered..

Besides the fact I am NPIP and bringing in a bird from non-NPIP is a PITA, I would be afraid to bring in a bird for fear of it not being a true White Sport but something concocted to look like one. I do not think that would be hard to do, I think I could even manage that.

Last edited:
If this is your first year how did you get a 13 month old white sport?

You are talking Cream legbar white sport correct?

As I understand it that is not possible. The white sport is 2 recessive white genes. if another color is expressed it cannot IMHO be a double recessive white. But JerryS would be the one to ask, He is the Guru of everything feathered..
Recessive white often have a stray colored feather . My experience is with white Ameraucana . The stray color is hard to notice and minor compared to 1 copy of dominant white ,

Thank you, That is what I was thinking, and hoping that she would grow out of it. I have some Legbar x Marans back crosses that look like a white sports. Very nice, but all had leg feathers and different leg color so was sure she was not one of those.

Back
Top Bottom