White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics

This is the type of color that I get on some recessive white Ameraucana . Three feathers total on this cockerel . Easy to overlook if you are not looking close . 2 copies recessive white .
This hen has 1 copy dominant white . Big difference .

This may help someone tell the difference .

Last edited:
If this is your first year how did you get a 13 month old white sport?

You are talking Cream legbar white sport correct?

Memorial Day 2015 I bought two CCL and the white sport and 5 BCM that all ended up cockerels from someone I found on Craigslist in Winneconne and a few other birds from someone north of Appleton those chicks were all under a week old at the time and were my first chickens, have since added some silkies and polish and some under 2week old bantam speckled sussex the silkies hatched from Craigslist.

The woman selling the Legbars only had BCM and CCL breeding stock as I remember and the lone white chick.

No recent pics and I know she looks Leghornish but today I got 6 eggs from those 6 girls, the Delaware lays brown, the black gives us olive colored eggs and the other 4 were blue with a slight green tint from the EE and Legbars.

Please don't mistake me for someone wanting to sell chickens and profit. I have gotten carried away with chicken math and should find new homes for a few. I like them all don't want to let anyone go, and IF I do let any go I hope to find them homes as pets.

No I am just a year into this hobby and got chicks from Craigslist and have gotten carried away bringing chicks home.
Last week the Silkies hatched some speckled Sussex eggs from Craigslist so the chicken math is getting to be a problem.

I can relate to chicken math :) where in WI are you located? Man I would love one of your legbar girls and the white sport. :)

Okay so maybe you guys can answer this question for me as this is my first legbar sport or otherwise I'm not sure if she's normal. She had a massive vaulted skull as a chick and it was touch and go if she would live but she made it. Now she is very very calm and generally moves pretty slow. She doesn't seem real bright but is quite good natured so far. Idk what to make of her she layed down most of the time when she was younger and she does go out now but she doesn't go far. DH2B thinks she might be a little mentally delayed. I don't know. Any clues?

Are all legbars like this or is she unusual? At first I thought she may be blind but I've seen her peck at small spots and such. She's 17 weeks when should I expect her to lay?

I am hatching today, I had 10 eggs hatch that had a possibility of making a white sport. I got 4 white sports from the 10 and there is a 5th white sport unzipping as I type this.

I want a full flock of CLB white sports, a white crested bird that lays a blue egg is not something everyone has!

I ended up with 5 white sports, one had some heat shrink wrap issues and needed to be washed and brushed, so he is back in the hatcher warming and drying in peace with one regular CLB..

Here is a picture of the 4.

This brings the total number of white sports I have up to 10.

I have tried to sex them but not done well at it.

I will send post pictures of the heads. Sometimes I think I can see a vague "spot" other times not. To me at this age they look like any other "white" chicken, just a yellowish chick.

Back
Top Bottom